WorldFish is seeking a motivated, dynamic, and energetic team player who will be responsible to provide technical support and recommendation for Information and Communication Technology platform to WorldFish offices in Malaysia and remote country offices.
The overall role and responsibilities will include (but not limited) to the following:
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of desktops and notebooks, including hardware, software and peripherals.
- To assist the Senior IT Engineer in the implementation and maintenance of the Center’s IT and telecommunication systems.
- To provide recommendation on IT equipment/application tools based on user requirements and best fit for system operation.
- To carry out operation procedures to maintain preventive systems and perform IT related routine operation, which include backup, antivirus and other security strategies.
- Liaise with external vendors and technical staff to provide local support at HQ and remote offices.
- Manage hardware assets, software licenses inventory and taking accountability for their fitness for purpose and custody.
- To assist Business Application Team in system/process documentation and first level support.
This job is open to Malaysian Citizen with the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or Computer Science or relevant field.
- At least 3 years working experience in relevant environment with excellent analytical and problem-solving skill.
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office Suits, Window Client OS (Version 7 to 10) and Windows Server OS (Version 2008 – 2012).
- Experience in supporting server virtualization (VMWare).
- Basic knowledge in Office365 & GSuits, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS.
- Working experience in supporting any commercial ERP solution or in-house business applications development will be added advantage.
- Familiar with Fortinet or HP Switch or Ruckus or Ubiquiti is added advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Salary & Benefits
This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position with salary ranging between MYR 3,400 to MYR 3,700 monthly, depending on qualification and expertise. WorldFish's NRS shall receive comprehensive benefits including (but not limited to) insurance coverage for staff and eligible dependents, and pension / provident fund contribution.
This position will be based at WorldFish’s headquarters in Penang, Malaysia. Interviews are expected to be held by end of July 2018. Only shortlisted candidate will be notified and expected to attend the interview. The successful candidate should be available to commence as soon as possible for an initial 3 yearsfixed term contract, with the possibility of contract renewal depending on performance and funding availability.
WorldFish is committed to promoting a work environment where diversity of thought, style, culture and experience is valued. We support individual performance and potential in achieving our organizational goals and mission. We are an equal opportunities employer and strongly encourage women and nationals from developing countries to apply.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to submit the following information online latest by 31 July 2018:
- A cover letter including a 2-page (max) description of why you are an ideal candidate and what you would bring to the role;
- A current curriculum vitae;
- Names and contacts (telephone, fax, and e-mail addresses) of three professional referees who are familiar with your qualifications and work experience. Your nominated referees ideally should have persons from each of the following category: direct supervisor, internal peer and/or direct report.
Screening will start as soon as possible, and will continue until the position is filled. Only selected candidates will be contacted.