Reporting to the Digital Communications and Marketing Specialist, the Webmaster will have experience in planning, developing, managing and monitoring websites and web-based platforms. S/he will support the visual, branding, navigational and stylistic needs of WorldFish and project related websites, web-platforms, E-newsletters and other digital communications tools. The Webmaster will also oversee day-to-day management and security of websites (i.e. corporate website, intranet, CRP and project websites) and media databases to ensure the quality of content and adherence to information architecture and governance; and will champion fast adaptation, usability and accessibility of web-based tools to increase collaboration and knowledge sharing both internally and externally.
The Webmaster's key responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
A) Maintains functionality, appearance, security and accuracy of websites and web-based platforms:
- Keeps the publication/research/events specifications and additional information up-to-date for WorldFish, FISH CRP, CGIAR feed system and other related projects’ websites.
- Maintains and implements changes and updates to event/publications/news/blogs/etc descriptions, images, and specifications reflecting most current messaging.
- Ensures content integrity on websites, conducting random audits of live site content. Reinforces conformity to standards for information architecture, editorial style and WorldFish and FISH identity.
- Using programming languages creates, enhances, or modifies different types of web pages such as those based on HTML (hypertext mark-up language), CSS, PHP, Java scripts, ASP and DHTML (dynamic hypertext mark-up language) and XHTML.
- Ensures that the website is protected by enabling the appropriate security measures. Has excellent understanding of Content Management Systems (CMS) and technology infrastructures using CSS, Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Web-Proxy and Security Audits.
B) Update content, as provided by others, on WorldFish and Fish website, intranet, regional websites and project websites in close collaboration with other departments, e.g. HR, IT, country offices:
- Manages and updates WorldFish Flickr/YouTube accounts and provide support for video production and photography.
- Produces photography/videography in HQ using DSLR and archive digital contents. Use the appropriate authoring tools, graphics tools, social media, video, audio and animation tools to create and edit graphical images, image maps, and navigators to develop and improve the look of the websites and web-based platforms to make them visually more interesting and compelling.
- Creates periodic (weekly, monthly quarterly and annually) e-Newsletters in collaboration with others. Provides HTML mark-up and backend analytics.
C) Support and other duties
- Provides and guides staff on overall usage of Drupal, WordPress, SharePoint, MailChimp and management of respective website sections as required. Train country office staff on usage of DSLR for photography and videography.
- Assists in creation and delivery of internal and external electronic communications such as webinars, workshops and others as needed.
- Liaises with external suppliers on contracts, maintenance, technical adjustments, content and images.
- Attends meetings and keeps management and other stakeholders appraised of their work and the success of websites and other digital marketing products.
This job might be for you if you have these essential skills and qualifications:
- Degree in Art and Design (formal training in typography, identity design, branding, graphic design, interactive & information design or other creative disciplines) or IT related field.
- Proven website management experience.
- Good technical skills and competence in managing and updating websites:
- Website development front end (highly proficient in CSS3 and use of pre-processors like SASS, familiar with Compass and Lint, jQuery programming skills and HTML5).
- Website development back end (good knowledge of Drupal CMS and its API, excellent PHP programming skills and good knowledge of LAMP stack).
- Web hosting (Windows 10 and Linux servers).
- Highly skilled in editing video, photo and preparing digital marketing materials using: Adobe (CC version) of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Lightroom, Audition, Bridge, Premiere, Sparks and After Effects.
- Excellent understanding of Google Ad-words, Google Analytics and SEO/SEM techniques.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent proficiency of spoken and written English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Able to work independently, take initiative and is adaptable to solve problems either independently or collaboratively as a member of a team.
- Ability to troubleshoot website and other related issues in a fast-paced non-profit environment.
- Commitment to quality and timely delivered services.
Salary & Benefits
This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position with gross monthly salary ranging from MYR 7,000 to MYR 7,450 per month. WorldFish NRS receive comprehensive benefits including (but not limited to) insurance coverage for staff and eligible dependents, 15% employer provident fund contribution, paid leave and others.
The position will be based in Penang, Malaysia. Interviews are expected to be held in August 2019. Only shortlisted candidate will be notified and expected to attend the interview. The successful candidate should be available to commence as soon as for an initial of three (3) years fixed term contract, with the possibility of contract renewal depending on performance and funding situation.
WorldFish is committed to promoting a work environment where diversity of thought, style, culture and experience is valued. We support individual performance and potential in achieving our organizational goals and mission. We are an equal opportunities employer and strongly encourage women and nationals from developing countries to apply.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to submit the following information online latest by 31 July 2019:
- A cover letter including a 2-page (max) description of why you are an ideal candidate and what you would bring to the role;
- A current curriculum vitae with sample portfolio (if any);
- Names and contacts (telephone and e-mail addresses) of three professional referees who are familiar with your qualifications and work experience. Your nominated referees ideally should have persons from each of the following category: direct supervisor, internal peer and/or direct report.
Screening will start immediately, and will continue until the position is filled. Due to the high volume of applicants for WorldFish positions, we appreciate all interest, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.